When it comes to vehicles that are built to play just as hard as they work, Isuzu’s mid-sized heavyweights, the D-Max and MU-X, are in a league of their own. D-Maxes are the modern equivalent of classic, no-nonsense Aussie utes. And while the 7-seat MU-X shares the D-Max’s rock-solid ute platform, it offers up an original perspective on sport wagon design that combines off roading capability with genuine comfort.
Isuzu has always understood the value of sticking to the basics. That’s why it’s no coincidence that these versatile 4×4 models represent two of the best combinations of reliability and performance in the automotive industry, at a cost point that literally blows their competition off the road. It doesn’t mean that they can’t benefit from the occasional upgrade, though; and fortunately, there’s no shortage of precision accessories available to make these Isuzus even more capable than they already are.
Precision D-Max and MU-X Accessories
Whether it’s transporting timber to a jobsite, or tackling tall dunes at the beach, Isuzu’s D-Max trucks and MU-X wagons are naturally built to take it. It’s the reason why the development of high-quality Isuzu 4×4 accessories and parts is such a dominant part of aftermarket automotive manufacturing.
The inherent durability of Isuzu’s mid-sized 4×4 platform makes it an ideal candidate for precision-engineered accessories. And if you own a D-Max or MU-X, then you already know how capable these vehicles are with the right combination of modifications.
Isuzu Engineering Keeps Accessory Costs Down
Let’s face it: choosing which accessories will give you the most value often comes down to how expensive they are. Isuzu’s straightforward engineering, however, allows the aftermarket to develop and manufacture accessories that are both affordable and easy to install.
· Unrivalled reliability. Not only do the D-Max and MU-X lines share DNA with a number of Holden, Chevrolet, and Mazda mid-sized trucks and wagons, they’ve also inherited their best attributes of reliability and stability. The sum of their engineering expertise allows the cost of entire ranges of Isuzu ute accessories to remain low without ever compromising quality.
· Powertrain excellence. Isuzu engines and drivetrains, spearheaded by their legendary lineup of 3.0L diesels, are known for their virtually indestructible design. For D-Maxes in particular, there are affordable Isuzu truck accessories for sale that can instantly raise the truck’s performance beyond anything that would be expected from far pricier competitors.
· Extraordinary aerodynamics. Although both the D-Max and the MU-X are widely praised for their wind-cheating aerodynamics, there are numerous, low-cost accessory and styling kits available. These can aide in reducing drag even further, providing a custom look, and even adding to the vehicle’s overall safety when off roading.
Ultimately, cost doesn’t have to be a consideration when shopping for Isuzu car accessories or parts. The range of options is extensive though, so having an idea of precisely what you expect from your Isuzu is going to help you decide which accessories would be the best.
Beefy D-Max and MU-X Suspension Accessories
If you typically use your D-Max or MU-X for transporting heavy loads to worksites, long holiday road trips, or serious off roading, your chassis will benefit from beefing up. It’s as much about safety as it is about stability, and high-quality suspension components are essential Isuzu pickup accessories for keeping your truck or wagon standing tall.
· Lift kits. Complete front and rear lift kits with shocks, struts, and coil or optional leaf springs can either strengthen your existing D-Max or MU-X suspension, or give it up to 50cm more ground clearance.
· Bellows kits. It’s a challenge to keep any vehicle level when you’re carrying heavy loads or pulling trailers, but bellows air bag suspensions made exclusively to fit your generation of D-Max or MU-X can help you stay level and legal.
· Brake upgrades. OE D-Max or MU-X brakes weren’t meant for prolonged use under heavy loads or extreme off roading, and you’re going to appreciate the added stopping power that ultimate performance 4WD brake parts like rotors, pads, and lines have to offer.
D-Max and MU-X Performance Accessories
Isuzu powerplants, especially J-series diesels, are renowned for their power and dependability. It’s not until you begin to coax more performance out of them, however, that you’re able to appreciate just how under-stressed these motors are. That’s why under the bonnet is one of the most consistent places that Isuzu off road accessories will make a difference.
· Throttle controllers. Installing a throttle controller on your D-Max or MU-X won’t magically bump your horsepower – it’s not even an under-bonnet accessory – but you’ll be amazed by how much of a boost in acceleration and all-around performance this five-minute mod will give you.
· Transmission coolers. If your D-Max or MU-X is equipped with an automatic transmission and you’re consistently pulling heavy loads during the summer, a transmission cooler is going to help eliminate the excessive heat that’ll destroy your gearbox in short order.
· Pre-fuel filtering. Contaminated fuel is a catastrophic problem for diesel engines that’s not exclusive to off roaders. Installing a pre-filter on your diesel-powered D-Max or MU-X ensures that your engine’s injectors are clear from water and sediment.
Good-Looking Accessories for D-Max and MU-X
Isuzu 4x4s are known for their clean, distinctive profiles. They’re good-looking vehicles, so there’s no need to radically change their appearance. There’s an array of Isuzu accessories, however, that can add more functionality to their classic exteriors.
· Weathershields. If you like the idea of being able to open your D-Max’s or MU-X’s windows without letting rain, dust, or wind in, custom-fitted weathershields will let you do it without distracting from your vehicle’s appearance or upsetting its aerodynamics.
· Roof racks. For the times when you don’t have sufficient interior space or you’re transporting overlong items, lightweight roof racks or roof brackets are ideal low-profile D-Max or MU-X accessories that are safe and won’t damage your vehicle’s finish.
· Towing mirrors. Extendable, ADR (Australian Design Rule) compliant replacement mirrors designed exclusively to fit the D-Max or MU-X are an essential requirement for eliminating blind spots when you’re towing caravans, trailers, or boats.
The Final Word
At the end of the day, Isuzu’s D-Max and MU-X are two of the best built, and most reliable 4x4s of any class currently available. With their perfect mix of reliability, performance, and affordability, it’s not difficult to see why their aftermarket development of Isuzu 4×4 accessories is so strong.
If you’re thinking about upgrading your D-Max or MU-X, you can rest assured that there are high quality, precision-engineered upgrade parts available that can give you exactly what you’re looking for. Keeping your Isuzu’s looks and performance in a league all its own has never been easier.