As your business grows and multiple departments form, the need for implementing an in-house IT staff increases too. But sometimes, this can’t be done as easily because it adds expenses and downtime. Unlike physical goods, an IT service or any other service on the web is easy to implement and it can save you a lot of time which you can use to focus on running your daily business activities. The best solution, in this case, is to go with IT managed services – an evergrowing market that offers services from professionals without having to invest in an entire department. Different types of services offer different benefits. Let’s take a look.
• You’ll get a larger team of professionals with a broad range of expertise, instead of employing a smaller in-house team that won’t provide the same flexibility and responsiveness. 24/7 monitoring comes by default with managedIT services since there’s always someone available to help. Plus, you can rely on an outsourced help when you have a big project at hand without having to employ in-house staff.
• Technical issues won’t be of any concern for your business since if any issue occurs it will be solved almost immediately and it won’t cause any downtime or losses to your company. What’s even better, is the fact that with managed IT services you won’t have that many issues as regular maintenance is typically performed to prevent problems from arising.
• When you don’t have to keep an eye on your in-house IT staff, you have more room for improvement in other parts of your business. Plus, you’ll be able to go tunnel vision on the most important thing – growing your business. If you have in-house IT staff, then they’ll also be able to focus on projects that will improve your business’ operations. When everyday IT issues aren’t on your schedule it’s easier to manage your company.
• Sometimes regulations, certifications and all kinds of other compliances can cause a lot of headaches and even stall your operations, especially for someone in the medical industry. But with a managed services company, you can rest assured that your business has all the necessary certificates and abides by all regulations.
• Hardware failure, human error or natural disasters can cause a lot of damage and can compromise all your data, not to mention hackers and cybercriminals alike. Having professionals who deal with these type of threats every day, you can keep your sensitive data safe and protected from security breaches or eventual data loss.
• Fixing failed systems and training employees won’t create unexpected expenses as most companies have regular maintenance and repairs included in the contract. You can also plan for future upgrades and invest in new technologies, so you don’t encounter out-of-the-blue expenses or at least decrease the risk for such.
The three main points of security management services include protection from malware, compatibility of applications, and updating software. Malware protection involves installing anti-malware software on your company’s system in order to keep the network safe from viruses. Having the latest updates and security patches installed can help prevent hackers from bypassing security protocols and infecting your system.
Also called software-as-a-service, this can be a piece of software your business can subscribe to for unlimited access on a yearly or monthly basis. The program can be developed and maintained by the IT provider or a program made available by the provider but designed by a third-party developer. Again, all security patches and updates get installed remotely so you can continue running your operations.
For companies that aren’t directly involved in the IT sector, navigating through computer information can be complicated. A managed services company can take this hassle out of your way and help analyse all the information presented so it’s easy to access. This can help you understand certain trends and use this information to accomplish your company’s goals.
Communication & Support Services
Communication services usually come in a package, which shows the ways a managed services company will share information with you. Sending data through email, employees having a one-on-one or a group call, either from multiple PCs or mobile devices. Video calls also make it easy to hold conferences, where employees and other staff members can join in and discuss certain issues. An MSP (managed service provider) also makes it easy for them to remotely solve any issues on your PCs.
Networking & Infrastructure
The onsite infrastructure setup, including both software and hardware, will coexist in company headquarters instead of a separate building. Also, the managed storage backup will allow your employees to update the information on any task remotely and safely. In case you need to print out classified paperwork, you’ll make it easy for authorized personnel to do so from any location with remotely managed print service. A managed cloud infrastructure will make it more convenient for employees to have meetings on a cloud-based company website.